Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Sunday, May 8, 2016
- You paid more than $500.
- She charges more for revisions.
- She gives you the runaround to not provide you with answers or make changes.
- Does she tell you that she’s too busy to help you?
- She avoids giving you access to your own website.
- She owns your domain name and web hosting accounts.
- Did she steal you from another company and promised the world and delivered a headache?
You should demand the following from the person that makes your website.
- Response time within 24 hours.
- Consults with you on the design, content, images, and your goal for the website before getting started. To help you with this you can purchase The Ghoster’s Author Website Notebook as a guide.
- Talks to you in a friendly matter without making you feel like you’re a small insect. (I hear that a lot.)
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Your web site’s copy writes content needs to be entertaining, informative, and related to your books.
The content of your web site is just as important as the books you write. If it has no content, what is the reader going to read? Imagine your web site as your latest book. It needs have all the elements necessary to keep your readers interested, informed, and happy. Yes. Happy. A happy reader is a loyal reader.
Try to keep each page to a minimum of 300 words and your maximum is determined on your needs. Do not make is so long that the reader loses interest. It needs to give enough information to keep them informed but not so much that they are bored.
- They need to contain the most important elements of your writing
- Use language your reader understands
- Use links to other websites that relate to your books
- Each page should have at least three hundred words for the SEO to catch it
- Use information once so it won’t be redundant
- Spell out abbreviations
“Successful websites are like books, they’re not born, they are created. It takes time to outline, flesh it out, critique, proof, and publish. Your website needs the same attention as your book. The Ghoster makes it easy for you.”