- Name on the Left Side or Middle
- Name 2-3 fonts bigger than the body. You want to be noticed but not overbearing with your logo and name
- It has to stand out.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Sunday, May 8, 2016
- You paid more than $500.
- She charges more for revisions.
- She gives you the runaround to not provide you with answers or make changes.
- Does she tell you that she’s too busy to help you?
- She avoids giving you access to your own website.
- She owns your domain name and web hosting accounts.
- Did she steal you from another company and promised the world and delivered a headache?
You should demand the following from the person that makes your website.
- Response time within 24 hours.
- Consults with you on the design, content, images, and your goal for the website before getting started. To help you with this you can purchase The Ghoster’s Author Website Notebook as a guide.
- Talks to you in a friendly matter without making you feel like you’re a small insect. (I hear that a lot.)
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Your web site’s copy writes content needs to be entertaining, informative, and related to your books.
The content of your web site is just as important as the books you write. If it has no content, what is the reader going to read? Imagine your web site as your latest book. It needs have all the elements necessary to keep your readers interested, informed, and happy. Yes. Happy. A happy reader is a loyal reader.
Try to keep each page to a minimum of 300 words and your maximum is determined on your needs. Do not make is so long that the reader loses interest. It needs to give enough information to keep them informed but not so much that they are bored.
- They need to contain the most important elements of your writing
- Use language your reader understands
- Use links to other websites that relate to your books
- Each page should have at least three hundred words for the SEO to catch it
- Use information once so it won’t be redundant
- Spell out abbreviations
“Successful websites are like books, they’re not born, they are created. It takes time to outline, flesh it out, critique, proof, and publish. Your website needs the same attention as your book. The Ghoster makes it easy for you.”
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Why would I need a website?
- How does it sell my books?
- Who would see my website?
- Will people actually see my new books?
- How can I afford an expensive website?
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Don't let those benefits pass you by. Each time you miss one is one less book that you could have sold. Or another read that will go on without knowing that you write. Let the world know that you have a website and see how it may change your career. There's no guarantee except for the one that you put forth.
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
|Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_znovenko'>znovenko / 123RF Stock Photo</a>|
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
|"Desert Sands and Heat Waves"|
- When using images of people, show their eyes
- Use smaller files to make it easy to upload
- All images should be the same size
- Thumbnails link to a bigger size or not at all
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- Cool and Calming
- Blue is calming, trusting, and sincere feelings
- Green is soothing, restful, nurturing, balanced, and growth
- Violet is an inspirational, royal, and spiritual color
- Warm and Firing
- Red attracts immediate attention is sensual, strong
- Orange It is exciting, joyful, and energetic
- Yellow is vibrant, fun, and entertaining
- Browns are earthy, healthy, hard work, and stability
- Beige is trusting, calm, plain, neutral feelings
- Black is sophisticated, mysterious, and very powerful
- White means purity, clean, sophisticated, and freedom
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
- Times New Roman for your body of text
Here are some examples of fonts:
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Your logo should be visible on every page
- Top left is the first thing your reader sees
- Size should be prominent but not overwhelming
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- Is the appearance pleasing?
- Is the website easy to navigate?
- Navigation bar
- Do they have contact information?
- Author info
- Email address
- Mailing address
- What is their marketing platform?
- Social Media
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- Book signings
- New books
- Next book in a series